A blog about my music

Video canvas kicks butt

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Our gig last night at M & J tavern went well. As expected the turnout was very light. I'm guessing that the day after labor day most people were laying low.

I brought in the video canvas for its first voyage. The bar was a little wierded out when I was constructing it. Chris brought the DVD/vcr player and I played the first video "how to square dance." It was friggin hillarious. You know how decked out square dancers get. They seemed to fit perftectly on the canvases and it looked like they were dancing to the guitar beat. I then shifted it over to a Ren and Stimpy cartoon.

We sounded good, but you could tell that Chris and I are not as tight as we use to be. We haven't practiced forever. We've mainly linked up for open mics and practicing live.

The show ended a little after 11. Mike and CJ (Bar owner and bartender) both suggested that I personalize the video, making a photo mantage of my family, friends and different things important to me. I think that's a great idea, music is a form of personal expression and the photos would only make the songs richer.

0 comments: