A blog about my music

Huge Honor

Friday, August 22, 2008

I've been asked to perform the theme song for the United Way of Deschutes County's campaign kick-off on September 11th.

What is really cool about this story is a young band from Sisters, some in high school and some not, created the song for the United Way last year. They got together and wrote the lyrics on a lunch bag and put together a folky theme song.

They were originally going to perform the song but the lead singer is leaving and the others can't make it. The opportunity came my direction and I'm now collaborating with them.

We met last night and I am really excited to learn that they want me to take the song in any direction I want. They thought it was pretty cool that I'm covering the song they created.

I'm going to produce the song this weekend.

0 comments: